Promotional BenefitsAs a PANGAEA.NET(tm) Member organization, your firm automatically receives the benefits of PANGAEA's aggressive promotional activities.
Our promotional activities bring more visitors to the site, which means more opportunities to see your listing. PANGAEA's PR activities include targeted mailings to global businesses on- and off-line, public appearances and press coverage in relevant business publications, awards and more.
Awards and Recognition:
- Choice Site!!!!
PANGAEA.NET has been selected by Starting Point as a "Starting Point Choice" site. The site "is listed in the Business section since it provides our visitors exceptional presentation, depth of content, and value. Your site is in excellent company as only the highest-quality, best-of-the-best, sites are chosen." June 1997.
- 4 STARS!!!!
PANGAEA.NET is "a remarkably complete global business resource," according to NetGuide which ranks us among the top rated sites in the world. NetGuide screened over 100,000 URLs and reviewed more than 50,000 sites and their Gold Award goes to only 15,000 of the Web's best sites.
- LTBN Certified Site
PANGAEA.NET was selected and included among the reviewed and revered information resources in A Business Compass, "for its information content and value to professional researchers." We are also now featured as an LTBN Certified Site.
Public appearances include:
- Interview with founder, Beth Stone Kim, was broadcast by Fox News television on 9/18/2000
- Beth Stone conducted one of the early university internet training classes at Columbia University, 1996.
- Live Radio Show on December 15, 1995 1050AM WEVD, TradeTalk, featuring global business leaders on the internet
- Lecture at the World Trade Center (New York City) on June 22, 1995. Topic 'Internet and International Trade,' specifically, doing marketing research on the internet and finding trade leads online.
- PANGAEA is frequently invited to lecture. Recently George Washington University, the Institute for International Research, the Global Business Association of New York, among others.
We have had recent write-ups in:
- Business 2.0 requested PANGAEA's research information to feature in their July '99 issue.
- CIO -- PANGAEA was consulted for a feature article, "Conflict Resolution," in the February 1998 issue, by Sari Kalin. About companies selling direct online and how that impacts other sales channels. The Avon website was used extensively for researching this article.
- Retail Systems Reseller, an Edgell Communications publication -- quotes PANGAEAR in their September 1997 article about Vertical Marketing. Preliminary research for this article was conducted on our site and included thinking from our articles on: Economic Transition Fosters Personal Growth and Professional Development and Audits & Surveys' USA Retail Census -- Winners and Losers.
- Your Company, a Time Warner publication -- consulted with PANGAEAR for their April/May 1997 article about the use of newsletters as marketing vehicles. We were instrumental in providing background information for this article and our own Interactive Global NEWSTM will be featured in a subsequent issue.
- THE GLOBAL OBSERVER, an international business newsletter from JPG Consulting, quotes PANGAEA in their opening story, "How Will the Internet Affect International Trade Intermediaries?" issue#3, initially released via email 1/14/97. For further info, contact the editor, Jeffrey P. Graham.
- The Creative Coalition of Artists publishes a monthly poetry e-magazine and features an interview with PANGAEA.NETTM's Beth Stone in their January 1997 Meet the Editor section.
- Exposure is an e-magazine reaching 5000 businesses interested in online marketing strategies. In the 12/6/96 edition, one of PANGAEA.NET(tm)'s Feature Articles is included as the lead story. To Subscribe, type: SUBSCRIBE EXPOSURE in the body of your message.
- What's Working for American Companies in International Sales and Marketing -- November 22, 1996, page 6 -- lists PANGAEA.NET as a site their readers should visit and highlights our CollectiblesTM area.
- National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM)'s "Annual Software/Technology Guide" -- released on November 1, 1996, as a supplement to Purchasing Today(tm) lists PANGAEA.NET's URL for their more than 100,000 readers to see. This publication is distributed among the largest association of purchasing and supply management executives around the world.
- NETSURFER DIGEST -- April 3, 1996 - Volume 02, Issue #10 references PANGAEA's Interactive Global NEWS(tm) and recognizes PANGAEA.NET(tm) as an important global business resource.
- Journal of Commerce -- March 8, 1996, "Info highway provides inroads to burgeoning Far East markets," by Land Grant, pp. 1 & 7A includes quotes and demonstrates PANGAEA's progressive qualities, creativity and resourcefulness for using the internet to develop overseas business opportunities and relationships.
- World Trade Magazine - February 1996, page 36 praises PANGAEA.NET(tm) as an "Indispensable internet site for Global Traders".
- The CommonWealth - Winter 1995, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 4 - 9 provides a good overview of Beth Stone's entrepreneurial spirit and global business acumen.
- NY Times - January 2, 1996, pages C1 and C15 about our wedding web site -- (please see the rebuttal (and take the poll))
- Interactive Global NEWS(tm) -- monthly newsletter, special feature in November 1995 on Doing Business in Vietnam -- an insider's perspective
- Error 404 - October 1995, "The Sun Also Rises" references our monthly business column.
- W-2's Market: Asia Pacific - August 1995, page 4 describes PANGAEA's Global Teen Study conducted online and validates our use of the internet by comparing findings with other, independent, traditional research study techniques.
- Miami Herald - July 25, 1995 about the ingenuity of developing our personal wedding web site
- Internet Marketing Mailing List - March 24, 1995, shows that we are true pioneers of the internet -- visionaries -- idealists? Clear vision and focus have carried PANGAEA through the years of evolution, leading ourselves and our clients successfully -- through our philosophy of "marketing with vision."tm [This synopsis updated 4/3/97]
PANGAEA.NET members benefit members. Our promotional activities and those of other members benefit you as it brings more visitors to the site. And we encourage each of you to explore cooperative business opportunities with one another and with PANGAEA(R).
We use membership/listing dues collected to promote the site as a consortium of global business entitities. Aggregate dollars go further to promote like information than individual outlays. The bottom line is more visibility for all of our members, because we are pooling the resources. Find out more about Membership Benefits.
Last Updated 12/6/00